The Sony PMW-EX30 is a recording deck designed specifically for SxS cards used by both the PMW-EX1 and PMW-EX3 XDCAM EX camcorders. The deck combines a traditional video recorder/player footprint with the advanced benefits of tapeless flash media. Users can browse quickly through files directly from the PMW-EX30’s high resolution LCD screen, making editing much easier. Features include record and playback of MPEG HD footage, as well as down-conversion ability through its series of outputs.
- SxS Solid State Recording Technology
- SxS technology is built for today’s most demanding applications and beyond. Being based on the Expresscard/34 interface makes ultra-high transfer rates possible, up to 800 Mb/s. These high transfer speeds can be very important when trying to quickly download multiple gigabytes worth of footage.
- Compact Design
- The HPX-EX30 can fit into almost any studio or editing workstation, saving valuable space. Since there are no moving parts within the deck, the system can be mounted horizontally and vertically.
- Built-In LCD
- The unit comes equipped with a high-resolution LCD screen. Users can navigate clip-by-clip, allowing for quick and easy review and capture.
- HD-SDI and HDMI
- The PMW-EX30 features both HDMI and HD-SDI outputs, allowing it to output 100% digital HD signals in multiple ways.
- Extended Record Time
- Due to the space-saving nature of XDCAM EX, the 8 and 16GB memory cards are capable of recording for long periods of time. Documentary work will never be a problem when shooting on the PMW-EX30.
|Signal System||XDCAM EX, NTSC, PAL|
|Format||XDCAM HD, DVCAM, HDCAM|
|Digital Media Slot||SxS: ExpressCard/34|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||53 dB|
|Maximum Recording Time||HQ: 50 Minutes with 16 GB SxS Card
SQ: 70 Minutes with 16 GB SxS Card
|Audio Signal Format||Linear PCM (2 Ch, 16-Bit, 48 kHz)|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz to 20 kHz, 0.5 dB/-1.0 dB (0 dB at 1 kHz)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Input and Output Connectors||Composite: BNC (x2 Output)
HD-SDI: BNC (x1 Input, Output)
SDI: BNC (x1 Output)
Analog Audio: RCA (x2 Output)
Audio Monitor: RCA (x1 Output)
Headphones: JM-60 Stereo Jack
i.LINK: FireWire 6-pin
USB: USB 2.0 Mini-B
|Power Requirements||100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Operating Temperature||42-104°F (5-40°C)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||8.4 x 3.5 x 7.9″ (21 x 8.8 x 20 cm)|
|Weight||4.4 lb (2.0 kg)|